As an interior designer its important to ask a lot of questions & a paint color consultation is just that. If your knowledgeable about what your desire from a space, it will positively affect the interior design. Ask yourself these questions before you pick up a paint brush. You’ll find yourself more likely to be pleased with the color, encouraging that inner Interior Decorator to venture out more often.
- How do I want the space to look & feel?
- Can I accomplish this atmosphere from paint alone?
- Is there enough light & contrast to support this color choice?
- How does this color appear at different stages of the day? Night vs Day
- Will this color choice coincide with my current home furnishings & finishes?
- Is this color pallet harmonious with the rest of my home?
Try to limit the number of colors in a room to under four. Anything above that starts to make a room appear disorderly, especially if your going for a rested and relaxed feel. Dark colors are mature, sophisticated, & warm; they give larger rooms a more formal, rich, & intimate appearance. Light colors are spacious, carefree, & calm, making rooms seem expansive, cheerful, & bright.
Listed below are some general observations on the psychology of various colors. Take into account if repainting a space, how they may influence & affect the interior design but also ambiance of your home.